Chief Marketing / Sales Officer
Who are we?
Nanos is an online platform that makes placing paid and free advertisements a simple and straightforward process, accessible to any business around the world. We are a tech startup based in Switzerland - a dynamic fast-growing team of software developers, UX designers and machine learning engineers.
Who are we looking for?
As part of our growth we are building a winner-marketing team and we are looking for a Chief Marketing / Sales Officer to join us in our journey towards building great experiences and solving complex challenges in online advertisement through machine learning technology.
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 4-5 years professional experience in traditional, online marketing, growth- hacking and sales who gladly embraces the tech startup culture.
The Chief Marketing Officer will be initiating and driving an integrated marketing strategy with a focus on developing new acquisition channels, refining current channels and ensuring strong customer retention. This role will also be responsible for analyzing and improving our performance across different platforms that drive customer acquisition, engagement, education, retention and loyalty. This position will lead the brand strategy and take complete ownership of top-line results: creativity and ability to craft a story around a brand or our products, while being driven by a passion for building businesses and for growing a global brand.
- Overall responsibility for brand management, communications, sales enablement, competitive/market intelligence, definition and support of strategic direction and marketing initiatives.
- Commanding of B2C marketing disciplines from acquisition/demand generation to conversion and retention marketing
- Enabling maximum sales volume at minimum cost by maintaining current business intelligence on B2B clients and potential clients and guiding pricing strategies.
- Advising executive management in other company units on strategic approach to achieve initial and on-going client demands.
- Ensuring effective sales support strategy and tools are in place.
- Building and providing leadership and direction to the global marketing team in development and implementation of short- and long-range goals, objectives, budgets, and operating procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of offline and online marketing strategies and delivery and experience in a large, globally diverse business environment.
- Successful skills in developing and presenting compelling written/oral proposals.
- Strong knowledge of marketing and public relations strategies to define company brand and global reach.
- Proven success supporting high volume sales environment.
- Demonstrated listening skills with ability to interpret client and business needs.
- Strong business acumen with strong financial knowledge and understanding.
- Demonstrated ability to enhance sales and support company goals by driving accountability for measured results.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments and create strategic solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought and comparison/selection of complex alternatives, and apply interpretative thinking to identify, understand and define problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate actions to achieve desired results.
- Ability to inspire confidence and credibility, and to collaborate successfully with clients and business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct and motivate a culturally diverse global team.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills, and client-facing/management skills; presentation, and decision-making skills with service orientation.
- Skilled change manager demonstrating flexibility and adaptability.
- Extensive domestic and international travel will be required.
- Our working language is English and we expect all candidates to be fluent in English.
- Highly motivated, over achiever, team player, facilitator
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- Direct, honest communication style
- Highest level of integrity
- An "Out of the Box" thinker who is both creative and innovative
- Propensity to succeed both personally and professionally
- Ability to be a role model for others and be a true leader
- Focused on achieving results and exceeding goals and objectives
- Must have a positive "can do, whatever it takes to get the job done" attitude
- Ability to think strategically while maintaining focus results and execution
What we offer you?
We would be more than happy to hear from you and look forward to have you joining our team where you should expect following benefits and culture:
- Generous stock option plan
- 25 vacation days per year
- Possibility to do home office up to 30% of the time
- Flexible working hours
- Free choice of hardware
- Regular experimental time to work on your own ideas
- Office within 5 min walking distance from Zurich HB
- Office shut down between Christmas and New Year (to be compensated by working a couple of extra minutes per day over the year, i.e. 15 min in 2018)
- A very multicultural team
- Regular team events and parties
- One ski retreat per year
- A fully-equipped kitchen and a dining area
- Big open terrace and a bbq space
- Free coffee,fruits, snacks and soft drinks