Machine Learning Engineer
Nanos is an online platform that makes placing paid advertisements a straightforward process accessible to any small & micro business around the world. We are a privately owned Swiss startup based in Zurich - a dynamic fast-growing team of software engineers, UX designers, business experts and machine learning engineers.
Who are we looking for?
As part of our continuous growth we are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our Team.
We are looking for an ML Engineer with a MSc in computer science, engineering, informatics, statistics, operations research, or a related field with a proven theoretical and practical experience in the machine learning field with focus on deep learning.
What will you do if you join us
As an ML Engineer you will be part of our R&D team where you will be responsible to build, improve and extend intelligence and NLP capabilities of our Nanos product and evaluate new/different approaches to intelligence problems. Produce deliverable results and take them from development to production in collaboration with our engineers.
You will work closely with all stakeholders to collect needs and requirements and work with the R&D team to find solutions to such problems and requirements.
A close collaboration with the development team as well as with the UI/UX team is expected.
What skills do we expect you to have?
- 3+ years of experience applying ML to real world problems.
- Expert skills in popular machine learning topics and hands-on experience in applying ML to the real world problems.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Machine Learning or other related field are preferred.
- You have a strong mathematical background in statistics and machine learning.
- You have experience prototyping and testing machine learning solutions.
- You are very familiar with TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Proficient with Git and GitHub.
- You can write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- NLP or Deep learning experience is a big plus.
Our working language is English and we expect all candidates to be fluent in English.
What are we to offer you?
We would be more than happy to hear from you and look forward to have you joining our team where you should expect following benefits and culture:
- A competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- 25 vacation days per year
- Possibility to do home office up to 15-20% of the time
- Annual continuous education budget
- Flexible working hours
- Free choice of hardware
- Regular experimental time to work on your own ideas
- Office within 5 min walking distance from Zurich HB
- Office shut down between Christmas and New Year (to be compensated by working a couple of extra minutes per day over the year, i.e. 15 min in 2018)
- A very multicultural team
- Regular team events and parties
- One ski retreat per year
- A fully-equipped kitchen and a dining area
- Big open terrace and a bbq space
- Free coffee/fruits and soft drinks