Software Engineer - Machine learning (Zurich office)
Who are we?
Nanos is an online platform that makes placing paid advertisements a straightforward process accessible to any small & micro business around the world by delegating all the heavy lifting to our AI.
We are a privately owned Swiss startup based in Zurich - a dynamic fast-growing team of software engineers, UX designers, machine learning developers and business experts.
Who are we looking for?
As part of our growth we are expanding our engineering team in Zurich(Switzerland) and looking for a Software Engineer with applied Machine Learning experience to join us in our journey towards solving some of the most challenging problems in online paid advertising.
We are looking for an engineer with a minimum of 3 years professional experience who would cheerfully embrace a startup culture. We expect you to bring in your own culture and open mind as we are an inclusive company that thrives from the diversity its employees are bringing in.
As a Software Engineer, you will be contributing to many important features of our platform. We expect you to be an expert when it comes to building well-tested, scalable and maintainable solutions.
Please note that this position is only open to Swiss and EU citizens due to the Swiss work visa regulations.
What will you do if you join us?
As a Software Engineer you will be working on the different micro-services that compose the Nanos Platform and you will be part of the Agile team of Frontend, Backend and ML experts.
If you join Nanos team you will be expected to:
- Bring machine learning, NLP and deep learning methods to our core products and services.
- rebuild prototypes as production ready micro services and quickly move those to production for large scale data with fast response times.
- Work hands-on with our engineering team while collaborating closely with our customer success and product teams.
- Work closely with our Applied research team (from ETH) on the long-term vision and projects.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Hands-on experience in applying ML to the real world problems.
- M.Sc. in Machine Learning or other related field are preferred (graduates from ETH or EPFL will be given priority).
- You have experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Java, C++, Go, Python or similar (not just R or Matlab).
- You have experience working with TensorFlow and PyTorch in production.
- Proficient with Git and GitHub.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
Good to have:
- experience with Docker, Docker Compose, Google Cloud Platform and AWS.
- You can write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
Our working language is English and we expect all candidates to be fluent in English.
What are we to offer you?
We would be more than happy to hear from you and look forward to have you joining our team where you should expect following benefits and culture:
- A competitive salary
- A generous stock option plan
- 25 vacation days per year
- Possibility to do home office up to 20% of the time
- Annual continuous education budget
- Flexible working hours and a very serious Life/Work balance
- Free choice of hardware
- Regular experimental time to work on your own ideas
- Office within 5 min walking distance from Zurich HB
- Office shut down between Christmas and New Year (to be compensated by working a couple of extra minutes per day over the year, i.e. 15 min in 2018)
- A very multicultural team - 8 different nationalities
- Regular team events and parties
- One ski-retreat per year
- Adjustable desks and chairs
- A fully-equipped kitchen and a dining area
- Big open terrace and a bbq space
- Free coffee/fruits and all the soft drinks you can imagine
- Swimming in the Limmat river over a summer lunch
- Shower in the office