Machine Learning Engineer
Nanos platform is an online platform that makes placing paid advertisements a straightforward process accessible to any small & micro business around the world. We are a privately owned Swiss startup based in Zurich - a dynamic fast-growing team of software engineers, UX designers, business experts and machine learning developers.
Who are we looking for?
As part of our continuous growth we are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our Team.
We are looking for an ML Engineer with a MSc in computer science, engineering, informatics, statistics, operations research, or related field with a proven theoretical and practical experience in machine learning field with focus on deep learning
What will you do if you join us
As an ML Engineer you will be part of our R&D team where you will be responsible to build, improve and extend intelligence and NLP capabilities of our Nanos product and evaluate new/different approaches to intelligence problems. Produce deliverable results and take them from development to production in collaboration with our engineers.
You will work closely with all stakeholders to collect needs and requirements and work with the R&D team to find solutions to such problems and requirements.
A close collaboration with the development team as well as with the UI/UX team is expected.
What skills do we expect you to have?
- Excellent programming skills with C/C++, Python, Java, and expertise in Tensorflow framework
- Proven theoretical and practical experience in machine learning field with focus on deep learning
- Experience with Markov Decision processes, Temporal difference methods, Monte Carlo methods, and Linear programming
- Expertise in Sentiment Analysis, Entity Extraction, Document Classification, Topic Modeling, Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and Natural Language Generation (NLG).
- Industrial and research experience in the development and usage of generative models (variational autoencoders, generative adversarial nets and beyond) and convolutional models
- Good understanding of constrained optimization problems in highly-dimensional space
- Good understanding of linguistics and language as a phenomenon.
What are we to offer you?
We would be more than happy to hear from you and look forward to have you joining our team where you should expect following benefits and culture:
- A competitive salary
- 25 vacation days per year
- Possibility to do home office up to 20% of the time
- Annual continuous education budget
- Flexible working hours and a very serious Life/Work balance
- Free choice of hardware
- Regular experimental time to work on your own ideas
- Office within 5 min walking distance from Zurich HB
- Office shut down between Christmas and New Year (to be compensated by working a couple of extra minutes per day over the year, i.e. 15 min in 2018)
- A very multicultural team - 8 different nationalities
- Regular team events and parties
- One ski retreat per year
- A fully-equipped kitchen and a dining area
- Big open terrace and a bbq space
- Free coffee/fruits and all the soft drinks you can imagine
- Swimming in the Limmat river over lunch
- Shower in the office
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!