Lead Machine Learning Engineer (Zurich)
Who are we?
Nanos is an online platform that makes placing paid advertisements a straightforward process accessible to any small & micro business around the world by delegating all the heavy lifting to our AI.
We are a privately owned Swiss startup based in Zurich - a dynamic fast-growing team of software engineers, UX designers, machine learning developers and business experts.
Who are we looking for?
As part of our growth we are expanding our engineering team and looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer (to lead our ML efforts and to join us in our journey towards building a great experience for our customers and solving some of the most complex problems in Online marketing and online paid advertising.
We are looking for an engineer with a minimum of 4 years professional experience who would cheerfully embrace a startup culture. We expect you to bring in your own culture and open mind as we are an inclusive company that thrives from the diversity its employees are bringing in.
We are looking for candidates with strong applied Machine learning knowledge, engineers who have mastered the theory behind Machine Learning but also have a strong experience in prototyping solutions to multi constrains real world problems.
Please note that this position is only open to Swiss and EU citizens due to the Swiss work visa regulations.
What will you do if you join us?
As the Lead LM Engineer you will be heading our Machine learning team (currently:1 junior ML engineer, 1 Software ML engineer). You will be reporting to the Head of R&D(Chief Scientist) at Nanos as well as to the CTO.
If you join Nanos team you will be expected to:
- Bring machine learning, NLP and deep learning methods to our core products and services.
- Rapidly build and iterate over prototypes as a proof-of-concept and quickly test them in different environments.
- Keep an eye on deployed ML solutions and how they can be improved both from an accuracy and performance point of view.
- Work hands-on with our engineering team while collaborating closely with our customer success and product teams.
- Work closely with our Chief Scientist and PhD students (from ETH) on the long-term vision and projects.
- 3+ years of experience applying ML to real world problems.
- Expert skills in popular machine learning topics and hands-on experience in applying ML to the real world problems.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Machine Learning or other related field are preferred.
- You have a strong mathematical background in statistics and machine learning.
- You have experience prototyping and testing machine learning solutions.
- You are very familiar with TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Proficient with Git and GitHub.
- You can write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- NLP or Deep learning experience is a big plus.
Our working language is English and we expect all candidates to be fluent in English.
What are we to offer you?
We would be more than happy to hear from you and look forward to have you joining our team where you should expect following benefits and culture:
- A competitive salary
- A generous stock option plan
- 25 vacation days per year
- Possibility to do home office up to 20% of the time
- Annual continuous education budget
- Flexible working hours and a very serious Life/Work balance
- Free choice of hardware
- Regular experimental time to work on your own ideas
- Office within 5 min walking distance from Zurich HB
- Office shut down between Christmas and New Year (to be compensated by working a couple of extra minutes per day over the year, i.e. 15 min in 2018)
- A very multicultural team - 8 different nationalities
- Regular team events and parties
- One ski-retreat per year
- Adjustable desks and chairs
- A fully-equipped kitchen and a dining area
- Big open terrace and a bbq space
- Free coffee/fruits and all the soft drinks you can imagine
- Swimming in the Limmat river over a summer lunch
- Shower in the office
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!